During this frightening time, our health advocates are here to offer support and reassurance for you and your family. Whether you’re dealing with an immunocompromised loved one, caring for aging parents, or concerned about accessing important healthcare resources while our Canadian cities slowly lock down, our advocates are here to provide both emotional and practical support.
WHERE WE CAN HELP:
- Provide reassurance by answering questions with the most up-to-date information available
- Order medication refills and delivery from your local pharmacy.
- Help arrange additional home care services.
- Connect with your health care providers to ensure your current appointments are conducted virtually or re-scheduled.
- Provide crucial information regarding local testing areas, and current screening procedures.
- Identify and screen for mental health/depression symptoms.
- Guide and assist with advance care planning paperwork.
Reach out to a Canadian Health Advocate if you need assistance with any of the services outlined above.
Call (250) 919-3983 or email info@CanadianHealthAdvocatesInc.com to talk to your local CHAI Advocate.
We suggest that everyone follows the recommendations of the CDC:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain physical distancing of about 2 meters from others.
- Avoid touching your eyes and mouth.
- If you are feeling unwell, please self-isolate and stay home.
- If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, complete the self-assessment listed here before calling 8-1-1. The self-assessment can determine if you qualify for more in-depth testing. https://covid19.thrive.health/
- Follow the instructions outlined in the assessment.
During this pandemic, Canadian Health Advocates is here to take as much pressure off the Healthcare system as possible and ensure that you have access to the highest level of care available.
Click here to learn more about our patient advocates.
We have also written some blog posts about managing your anxiety and mental health while stuck in quarantine, as well as listed some ideas for ways you can help out your community. See our blog posts below:
25 Mental Health & Wellness Tips for Quarantine
Ways You Can Help Your Community During COVID-19