Education is a crucial element of CHAI’s patient-centered healthcare consulting. One of the most important benefits of having a CHAI health advocate is that they can ensure you or your caregivers are able to make informed decisions about your health care.
Some of the ways in which CHAI demonstrates its commitment to patient-centered education:
- Research and teaching about patients’ current health conditions/ circumstances
- Coaching on how to communicate with your healthcare team in order to get the best possible outcomes
- Providing current information about how the Canadian healthcare system works and how to navigate through it
- Workshops and 1:1 education on Advance Care Planning and End of Life Planning
- Co-founder of the Canadian Association of Health Advocates
CHAI Advocates are available for SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS. Contact us for more information.